Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bryce was a Blast

Both Sue and Rhonda are writing about our trip to Bryce Canyon, so I'm not going to try to duplicate what they have said. The trip down was about 3 hours. Bryce is located just about 10 or 20 miles outside of Panquitch. To give us a little break, we stopped on the way down at Mom's Cafe in Salina. It's one of those down home kind of resturants that everyone seems to enjoy. The timing for our trip turned out to be perfect. The weather couldn't have been better. Beautiful blue skies, a few fluffy clouds here and there, and the temperature was just right for having the top down practically all the time.

The best thing though, was being able to spend the time with Rhonda and Sue. It seems we were always finding new and fun things to photograph and we were almost overwhelmed with the beauty and wonder of the place. When night came we were finally able to give our grins a little rest.

On the way back we drove through Escalante, the Grand Staircase National Forest, over Boulder mountain, and into Wayne County. We stopped in Bicknell to eat at the Sun Glow Restaurant where we enjoyed a piece of Pickle Pie and a piece of Pinto Bean pie. They are old pioneer receipies that the owner of the restaurant has featured for many years. Some of you have been there to enjoy these pies with me before.

After taking a few photos in Bicknell we drove over to Loa and took a quick look at Grandma Taylor's old home, Uncle Arvel's home, and the Tabernacle. Then we headed home. A lot to see in such a short time, but we enjoyed every scenic vista along the way. I think we even got a few "soon to be favorite" photos.

Ron's Bryce Canyon

7 comments:

Mustang Suzie said...

I think everyone knows now just how much we enjoyed our little trip! Your photos are beautiful and I'm sure they will be treasured always. We need to put some up!

Dani said...

Yes, I love your pictures! I think it's funny that the "Tang" makes it in your pictures as often as anyone else :-) Wish I could have been there! Let's plan another photo trip!

BJ said...

I would love to go try some pickle pie some time. :-D

Utah Dancer said...

cool photos. i think i know what i want for christmas...:)

seriously, you couldn't have planned how cool your blue mustang looks against the red rock--or could you?

photo trip, photo trip, photo trip!!

btw, so glad to hear your good news today. love you, daddy!!

rhondas view said...

dad! yea! you wrote! and posted pics!!! i'm overwhelmed!!!
it was a wonderful time- and i enjoyed it as much as you said- and perhaps a heaping amount more.
the texas three are thrilled that you're results were good and that you're feeling better. :)
now- don't be gone so long the next time...

rhondas view said...

dad- it has been forever since you wrote and i'm missing you!!!

rhondas view said...

UGGGGHHHH....Ron!!!!!