Well, I’m back.
It’s been awhile, but it seemed that it might be good to get back into the swing of things.
I’ve enjoyed the holidays. Being able to hang out with the family, enjoying the Christmas spirit, and remembering the events surrounding the birth of the Savior always makes the Christmas season a wonderful time of the year. I really enjoyed our family get together. That was the high-light of the season for me.
With all of the headache stuff I wasn’t sure I’d complete my goal of reading the Book of Mormon through again this year, but, hey, I finished it this morning. I obviously wanted to wrap it up before the New Year but that didn’t happen. At least I finished this morning. I marvel at the breadth and depth of Book of Mormon each time I read it. We are so blessed to have it be available to us; to bless, teach, and provide amazing insight into the mind, purposes, and will of the Lord.
We have all enjoyed a good year in 2008. We’ve each been blessed with progress in almost every area of our lives. It’s been a difficult year for so many people, and we have all taken our hits too. But, all in all, we’ve been greatly blessed and prospered. In addition, Sue and I even have our first grandson in the mission field. (Wow, how is that even possible?) We’re very proud of Taylor, and from what we hear from Rhonda, Candice and Andy, he is already establishing himself as an excellent missionary. Truth is, and I hope you know, that Sue and I are very proud of each one of our family members. You amaze us. You bring us great joy. For us, you are what life is pretty much all about.
As I wrap up my few notes today, I’d like to wish each of you the very best for the coming year. I trust it will be a great year for you in every way.
And, keep taking those great photos. We all enjoy them. I’ll do my best to keep up with you. The photos of family are the source of great memories. The landscapes are a reminder of how beautiful the world is and how much the Creator has done to bless our lives.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah! You're back! I love your thoughts, Dad. This looks to be a great year up ahead. As long as we all have each other, it will be! Love you!
Well, I was excited to see that you're back on! Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading.
I am so glad to see you back! I am also glad to see you back up again after your operation. Love you!
i can't believe it... i ck back continuously and then when my head is hanging and back is turned you wrote! well... i'm not complaining... i'm just mad that i missed it!
SO good to hear from you-
LOVE your photo...
and HURRAY that you're feeling better. :)
love you dad!
Post a Comment